mercredi 30 janvier 2013

What you should not do with a suicider...

Being someone who attempted to suicide and still has suicide ideas, I can give some advices to those who have a relative or a friend who's thinking of suicide.

First thing; never. I say NEVER, laugh at someone who evokes suicide as a solution. This can easily be the trigger to commit it. Even if this person was not really aiming to suicide, he/she will do it because he feels that he's ridiculous. There is nothing funny in evoking your own death as a solution for a problem.

Always consider seriously the person who's talking about suicide. Help her. Talk to her but never judge her. By judging, do not tell the person "How can you feel this way. It does not make sense"... well, if you are up to the point where you want to die, chances are that your emotions are not under control. You're no longer 'logical' or 'rational'. It is useless to try to make he/her rational. Just try to listen with no comments if possible. Personally, I really hate when someone tells me 'I know how you feel'. This is so untrue simply because if you really do, we'll be on the same side... So, please, forget about 'common' replies that 'make sense'. Just listen....

Never be upset because he/she is depressed. Depression is not something I wanted. It is here. It is a desease and not a hobby. I mean, if someone got a cancer or a flu, no one (sane person) will tell him that this is his fault (unless you have been smoking for 20 years and you have a lung cancer...)... in general, we are a victim of a desease not the cause. Depression is a desease like any other desease and a depressed person is a victim of it and not its cause. So why should I excuse myself of being depressed? I know that for my entourage, it is not easy to cope with it, though, if my entourage loves me enough, they will stand by me and try to help me instead.

I will think of other aspects and write new posts today...

Cheers,

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire